It goes without saying that keeping yourself and your family healthy through the holiday season in North Carolina can be a challenge. When you combine chillier temps, housebound days, year-end deadlines and pre-holiday preparation – not to mention kids passing around colds at school like they’re playing “Hot Potato” – you can end up spending the holidays under the covers.
No matter how many inherent seasonal risk factors you face, there are ways to prepare for and get through the season virtually unscathed. At policyline insurance, we wish for you a happy and abundantly healthy holiday season, so here are a few tips to help you stay well and enjoy!
1) Consider ‘sticking it’ to The Flu. Flu shots seem to be available at practically every drug store or pharmacy. Discuss with your doctor the pros and cons of flu shots for yourself and your family.
2) Get some zzz’s. The holiday hustle and bustle can interfere with normal sleep patterns, yet sleep is essential to health and healing. Prioritize getting enough sleep – or taking a quick nap – despite your busy schedule.
3) Fill the fridge. It’s easy to allow your pantry to start looking like a sweet shop as the holidays near. Take care to stock your refrigerator and cabinets with healthy snacks and ingredients for balanced meals. Think fruit, nuts, lower-calorie snacks, veggies and lean proteins.
4) Get real. Emotional health is important, too, so be realistic about what can be expected through the season.
5) Keep moving. Despite the many holiday temptations to just relax, don’t give in to being a couch potato. Get to the gym or yoga studio, go for a walk in the park, jump on the treadmill or dance. The important thing is to just move!
From the policyline family to your family, we wish you a happy and healthy holiday season!
Need health coverage during the holiday season to get that flu shot? Contact your local policyline agent at 1 800 725 POLICY (1-800-725-7654) or visit us here and contact us online!